Thursday, January 15, 2015

"Can" We Build A Snowman

Cheesy title, I know. So I hate throwing things away...especially if I can reuse them. We had a huge sweet potato can and a smaller condensed milk can. They seemed like the perfect pair to make a snowman. We also used a toilet paper tube to make his hat. I have to admit that this project took a little bit of time because all the paint had to dry, but it was pretty easy. I also had all the materials laying around so I didn't have to make trip to the store.
Supplies: 
2 cans
two tubes of white paint
1 orange tube of paint
3 small foam brushes
1 tube black paint
black construction paper
toilet paper tube cut in half
buttons
scrap of material
2 twigs
glue gun
1 kabob stick

Step 1: We painted both cans. They needed a thick coat. If you can see the silver through the first coat, it may require a second one. 

Step 2: While waiting for the cans to dry, we painted the t.p. tube black. I then broke the tip off of the kabob stick and painted it orange.

Step 3: After everything dries, glue the small can on top of the large can. Decorate the rest of your snowman by gluing on buttons and the orange kabob stick. I tied the scrap of material around the small can. It could be glued, but I didn't think it was necessary. I then glued on the twigs for arms. 

Step 4: To make the hat, cut the black construction paper to fit the top and a large circle for the bottom of the t.p. tube. Glue both circles on the tube. Next glue the hat on. 

Now you have an amazing recycled snowman that will never melt!




No comments:

Post a Comment